2 scopes, 1 computer

Having problems ? let us know the details here
bmsass

2 scopes, 1 computer

Post by bmsass »

Hi,

What I really wanted was a 2 or 4 ch, ps5000 series MSO + AWG, but since that doesn't exist I went with a 3205D MSO + 5243A.

I was expecting that I would be able to both 'scopes at the same time via the same instance of the Picoscope 6 program (i.e., fake a 4 ch 'scope, mostly) - Is that possible?

What are my options wrt getting both scopes working together and to what extent is that possible?

- Bruce

Hitesh

Re: 2 scopes, 1 computer

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Bruce,

You would need to run a separate instance of the PicoScope 6 application for each PicoScope device that you are using.

You can use the Software Development Kit to create a single application and call the API functions for each driver (ps3000a for the 3205D MSO and ps5000a for the 5243A) in order to control the devices. However, it should be noted although you could use the external trigger on the 5243A and an analogue/digital channel on the 3205D MSO for a common trigger signal, they would not be truly synchronised.

Regards,

bmsass

Re: 2 scopes, 1 computer

Post by bmsass »

Hi Hitesh,

That's pretty much what I figured, but had to ask in case there was a secret cmd line incantation that would let one instance of the app handle two devices.

Thanks,
Bruce