Reading from ADC-40 via DLL

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
rcampbell12
User
User

Reading from ADC-40 via DLL

Post by rcampbell12 »

In a program I've written, I'm trying to read from the ADC-40. I'm using adc10_get_times_and_values to get 100 readings in 20 microseconds (or was it milliseconds?). Anyway, it just fills the array with the same number each time. I would expect different numbers. Perhaps the signal has not changed over that amount of time, so each number would be the same. Perhaps I've simply not set something up correctly. Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Thanks.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

If you are using microseconds then it would not have gained a new reading. However with milliseconds it should have changed.

The ADC-40 has a maximum sampling rate of 20kS/s which is equivalent to one sample every 50 microseconds.

Let me know if you are using milliseconds or microseconds because this will explain what is happening some more.

Best Regards

rcampbell12
User
User

Whatever the subject was (why can't this software remember!)

Post by rcampbell12 »

20,000 microseconds at first. Now I've changed to what's below:

ActualMicroSeconds = adc10_set_interval(5000000, 500)
Ok = adc10_get_times_and_values(@TimesArray, @ValuesArray, 500)

But now what I get is just a crash. It's crashing my development environment, whereas before it was working fine.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear it is crashing.

What language have your written your program in? Also, what compiler are you using?

Best Regards

rcampbell12
User
User

The same subject as before!

Post by rcampbell12 »

(Hey, what's with this forum software not repeating the subject line automatically - I'd think that the great majority of the time the subject does not need to be changed as a thread grows)

I use Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9. Your product had been working fine, but the changes I made to the settings has been resulting in the crashes. However, I've not tested it since I last posted, so I'll do some more testing this week.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Ok, let me know how you get on with it.

Best Regards