Pico Oscilloscopes

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Luis Watts

Pico Oscilloscopes

Post by Luis Watts »

I need an inexpensive PC Oscilloscope for signal voltages up to 30V. What do you recommend?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

All of the scopes that we produce with exception of the PS3423 automotive one, have a maximum voltage input of ±20V. Therefore you would need to do some attenuation of your 30V signal.

For a low cost oscilloscope I would recommend the PS2202. This is a 2 channel unit with good specifications and a low cost.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

BO

attenuation

Post by BO »

I would like to measure the power quality of U.S. residential power. How would I attenuate the ~120V signal so that I can use your products?

THanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

You would need an isolating attenuating differential voltage probe. We do a X10/X100 probe which you could easily use to measure these voltages.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

BO

X1/X10?

Post by BO »

Thanks for the reply. I noticed that you have a X1/X10 probe for sale that is much cheaper than the X10/X100 you mentioned. As I will be measuring ~120VAC, wouldn't the X10 attenuation be sufficient to keep input voltage below 20VAC?

thanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The attenuation of the X1/X10 probe may be suitable however it is not an isolating nor a differential probe and both of these factors are important when looking at mains electricity.

The probe needs to be isolating due to the size of voltage that you are looking at, and because the scope does not offer any kind of isolation. It also needs to be differential because mains electricity is of a differential nature. A non differential probe could allow too high a voltage to the ground and damage the ground of the scope.

Hope this helps

Best Regards