Problem with timebases in excess of 100mS/div

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)

Problem with timebases in excess of 100mS/div

Post by Guest »

Hope I'm not duplicating anything already written - if so I'm sorry, but I have looked a bit (though perhaps not enough!).

I'm using a Picoscope automotive system, running on a laptop, as supplied by TCD, and find that the waveform display is completely wrong at timebase settings in excess of 100mS. I'm not sure what it it showing, but its not real! Dont have the system at hand at the moment, but the software is probably only about 2 months old, as this is when tha system was purchased

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

I would recommend downloading our latest software and seeing if this helps as there was a bug with these timebases in an earlier version and this could be what you are seeing.

You can download the automotive software from the automotive section of our website.

Best Regards

Autonerdz
Advanced User
Advanced User

Long Timebases

Post by Autonerdz »

Also be sure you are using Block Mode at the longer time bases. This maintains the sample rate. The other modes will stream at a very slow sample rate, at time bases over 100ms/div, and only very slow signals can be captured accurately. Block mode Will use the internal buffer to capture and then transfer the blocks of data to the PC rather then stream.
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
http://www.autonerdz.com
THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America