Suggestion for PicoScope 6 Improvement

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
WGraupner

Suggestion for PicoScope 6 Improvement

Post by WGraupner »

I use PicoScope V 6.10.16.2 running on Windows 7 in combination with two Scopes 3207B.
PicoScope 6 is opened twice and both scopes (externally triggered) run properly.
However, SW-control and data processing seem to have potential for improvements.

PicoScope Window
The PicoScope window does not contain any information about the connected device. In order to avoid confusion each window should show type and serial number of the device.

Start-up Settings
Individual start-up settings can be stored under “Save Settings As…”
However, there is no function to select between different settings. Only the “User Default Setting” can be selected (what ever this is).
Suggestion: A button “Load User Settings” (not “User Default Settings”) should be available. In this case a window should pop-up where the user can select between various settings.

Data Saving
Frequently data saving in other formats than .psdata (e.g. Matlab format) can become time-consuming since the default format is always .psdata.
Suggestion: The program should remember the last task and offer the same format next time (as well-introduced in other SW).

Marcorecorder
In order to steer clear of the saving issue (see above) a macro sequence with commands saving the measured data in Matlab-format was recorded.
However, when running the macro the saved mat-data files are present but always empty.
Am I doing something wrong?

Hitesh

Re: Suggestion for PicoScope 6 Improvement

Post by Hitesh »

Hi WGraupner,

Thank you for the suggestions with regards to the PicoScope 6 software which I will pass on to the Development Team.

With regards to some of the items:

PicoScope Window

Click Help -> About PicoScope 6 to view information about the current connected device. I will raise a new feature request to display device model and serial information in the properties window.

Start-up Settings

These can be loaded via the File -> Open menu item. Simply navigate to the folder where the file was saved, select it and click 'Open'.

Marcorecorder

Please could you send a PicoScope 6 data file corresponding to the test and the .psmacro file as well to support@picotech.com and we can investigate further.

Regards,

springburo

Post by springburo »

I use direct probes, differential, current etc. It is easy to make a mistake in the probe setup.
Would it be possible to add the probe attenuation factor in the properties window, this would make it easier to check that the setup is correct.?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi springburo,

It should be possible to verify that a probe setting is being used as the range will be updated e.g. if a 5V setting is used with x10 probe, this will be displayed as +/-50V.

I will submit a request to the Development Team for an indicator.

Regards,

springburo

Post by springburo »

thanks for sending the suggestion. It is possible to check manually, but I have to go to each setting individually, having it displayed in the properties window would make life easier as it is then possible to check all in one view