PT-104

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Rob

PT-104

Post by Rob »

Can I just confirm that, although the PT-104 is intended for use with the PT 100 temperature senders, there's nothing inherent within the device that makes it ONLY suitable for this application. So providing the input voltages are controlled appropriately, it can be used to digitally log any analogue input signal?

Many thanks.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Yes you can use the PT104 to measure other things, it will measure voltages from 0 to 2.5V or resistance from 0 to 10k Ohms. There is lots of information on how to do this in the PT104 manual.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Rob

Post by Rob »

OK, that's what I figured, just needed to put my mind at rest!

I notice that you claim the device to be capable of reading voltages at 180ms per channel, as opposed to the 720ms taken for resistance/temperature measurements. Are you able to explain the origin of this difference, again, just to put my mind at rest that I really can expect this level of performance when reading voltages?!

Also, I assume the pin terminals on the mini-DIN connectors are supply, ground, signal, and a second ground?

Many thanks for your help!

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your email.

The pins if you are measuring differential voltage are V+ V- and Gnd
(pins 2,3 and 4 respectively). The first pin is not used. Information on this is in the help manual.

The conversion time is as stated - 180ms per channel when taking voltage readings.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Lee Erickson

Current Supply During Resistance Measurement?

Post by Lee Erickson »

Regarding the question that resulted in the answer about the pin out of the connector having only V+, V- and Ground,
Is there an alternate mode where the connector of the PT-104 is providing a constant current during a resistance measurement? If so what is that current? I am interested in a four wire resistance measurement of a device with very low impedance of say 1 mOhm and would like to bias it with something like 1-10 mA or so.

Thanks.