Pico USB/Parallel converter

Post any questions about our parallel port products
masterice

Pico USB/Parallel converter

Post by masterice »

Hi all.
Has anyone got a genuine Pico technology USB/Parallel adaptor that they no longer requireand would be willing to sell for a preferably sensible price (ie = low) ?

My main workshop PC which had a native parallel port I used for my pico scopes has failed and my other workshop PC is all USB.

I know that commercial parallel/USB adaptors don't work (been there-tried that) so I am looking for the Pico adaptor.

Any info welcome

Thanks

Dale

Hitesh

Re: Pico USB/Parallel converter

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Dale,

Is there a 32-bit operating system installed on your other PC with the USB ports?

Are any of the commercial adaptors that you tried listed in this post?

Please note that our parallel port products are not compatible with 64-bit operating systems.

Regards,

masterice

Post by masterice »

Hi Hitesh

Thanks for the reply.

I had been aiming to use a 64bit laptop with either Win7 or Win8 but clearly that isn't an option now.

I do have a laptop with Win7 32bit on that I would probably be using although, in the worst case I shall have to resurrect one of my time-served laptops running XP but fitted with a cardbus socket.

All the best and thanks again

Dale

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Dale,

You will need to use an adaptor card that is supplied with drivers rather than one which offers only printer support, hence the link to the other post.

Hopefully, this information will help.

Best wishes,