Repeating Rapid Block Acquisition

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
mhinds

Repeating Rapid Block Acquisition

Post by mhinds »

Hi,
I have a 5244B. I'm trying to use Rapid block mode to capture 30000 waveforms, (3840 points each), download the block, process the data, then capture the next set of waveforms. (Code attached, using LabWindows 2013)

It seems to work once, I display waveforms on the screen, but get a general protection fault acquiring the next block.

A couple questions:
Am I missing a step in cycling to capture more data?
Also, the GetValuesBulk command need to be broken into 1000 capture segments to transfer properly. Is this a hardware limitation of my PC?

Thanks for the help,
Mike Hinds

Hitesh

Re: Repeating Rapid Block Acquisition

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Mike,

Which version of the ps5000a.dll and LabVIEW (32/64-bit) are you using?

Are you calling the ps5000aStop function once you have collected data before starting the data capture again? Can you post the error message received please?

There should not be a limit for the ps5000aGetValuesBulk call (apart from the maximum number of segments for the device). What result are you seeing if you try to retrieve more than 1000 waveforms from the device?

Regards,

mhinds

Post by mhinds »

Hitesh,

I am using LabWindows/CVI 2013 (not LabVIEW) as my development environment.

The ps5000a.dll Version is 1.1.4.20.

If I try to return 10000 buffers per call of GetValuesBulk, I get the attached error message. There is a ps5000AStop call in place. I will investigate the max number of buffers (between 1000 and 10000) I can retrieve without error.

Thanks,
Mike Hinds
Attachments
GetValuesBulk error
GetValuesBulk error

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information,

Could you please e-mail support@picotech.com indicating if you require a 32-bit or 64-bit driver and we can provide an updated one which may resolve the issue.

A new SDK is due to be made available soon.

Regards,

mhinds

Post by mhinds »

Hitesh,

I found my mistake. I did not initialize the Overflow variable in the ps500aGetValuesBulk call as an array equal to the number of captures I required.

Thanks for your help with this.

Mike Hinds