Picoscope 2202 hangs on single trigger

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
rwalborn
User
User

Picoscope 2202 hangs on single trigger

Post by rwalborn »

I just received my new Picoscope 2202. It appears to work normally except whenever I tried to use triggering . In a single mode trigger, the program freezes as soon as the trigger condition hits. For example , I have a 6 volt. I wanted to capture the waveform when I connect the battery to the scope probe, like you can easily do on a digital stroage scope . I am using USB 2.0 and windows XP SP2 . I have tried it on two different computers and they both do it. I also downloaded the latest software and it doesthe same thing.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

This sounds like a software bug. We will investigate this and see if we can replicate it. If you we can then we will set about trying to fix the bug.

Best Regards

I have this as well

Post by Guest »

I am using an ADC11 (parallel port) with the latest picoscope. I am using channels 1, 2 and 3, with triggering on channel 1. On 'auto' and 'repeat' all is well. On 'single' I get traces for ch 2 and 3, but then it hangs.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

We shall also look into this to see if the problem is product specific.

Best Regards

Claudio

Post by Claudio »

I am having the same problem with the ADC212/3: setting single trigger hangs the program. I use Win xp sp2, with parallel port.

Regards

Claudio

rwalborn
User
User

picoscope hangs on single trigger

Post by rwalborn »

Pico tech support contacted me and said this is a software problem. They are workign on a fix.

Same problem

Post by Guest »

I am getting this with an ADC212/50 with a usb adaptor.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your posts.

We are aware of a bug in our software regarding the single trigger and are working to fix that at present. Our next release will hopefully contain a fix for it.

Best Regards

Anna Burch

Previous (bug-free?) version of PicoScope

Post by Anna Burch »

I have been having similar problems to those already discussed in this forum (release 5.12.8 running on XP laptop) - computer locks up in single trigger mode. Is it possible to download a previous release of Picoscope while you are working on the fix? I can only find the latest release on your website. (The version I upgraded from was ancient and won't work with XP.)

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

You can download previous versions from http://www.picotech.com/software-archive.html

There should be a newer version uploaded soon - 5.13.0 which contains a fix for the ADC2xx units, however I believe the 2202 remains an issue and we are working on it.

Best Regards

rwalborn
User
User

picoscope 2202 hangs on single trigger

Post by rwalborn »

I just tried software release R13.1 and it solved my problem :)

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

That's great! Pleased to hear it is working!

Best Regards