PT104 for voltage

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Neil

PT104 for voltage

Post by Neil »

Hi Sarah,

I am seeking a clarification of the details supplied in the manual for the PT104 - for a single ended voltage connection.
The table shows connector, channel and pin details but is still somewhat confusing to work out the correct +ve and gnd. for a 0-2.5 V input. I dont want to damage the unit or take that risk experimenting. Could you pls supply some more detail info. for connection detail.

Thank you,

PS - with regard to my earlier post sometime back re. the usb-232 converter problems. Another unit did not fix the problem. Looks like it has to be lived with!

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The ground is the outer part of the connector. To connect a single ended voltage on connector 1, you need to connect the +ve to pin 3 and then the gnd to the outer casing - this will be channel 1. Channel 2 would be connector 2 between pins 3 and the outer casing.

On connector 1, the other channel (between pin 2 and the outer casing) would be numbered as channel 5.

This is shown in the table however the table does not display clearly with regards the columns.

If you have further questions plase let me know.

Best Regards

Neil

Thank you - but one more

Post by Neil »

Hi Sarah,

Thank you, I think i can work it out now. will post you if I have another problem here
Unfortunately I do have another problem for you.
Re PT100 readings. causing accuracy issues.

PT100 probes read the same temperature in Channels 1,2 & 3 , But the probe in Channel 4 reads almost 2deg out (Lower) consistently and throughout the measured temperature range. Swapping the probes around in all combinations does not change the problem or Channel, this also proves that the 4 probes are all reading correctly (plus I have all in a temp controlled enclosure)
Note . I am using all 4wire type probes.

I have tried other computers reload software. etc. but it stays the same.

Using the parameter scaling option on Ch4 I can insert the offset using the formula method and then all 4 read correctly. But this is only on Ch4.

Is this Normal ? Or a Problem - calibration issue with the PT104 Ch4
Is there anything else I should check. The other 3 ch are fine?
Should I speak with my Pico agent to try another unit.

Please advise
Thanks
Neil.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Neil

Thank you for your post.

I think this might be unit specific. Maybe it would be a good idea to talk to your distributor and see if they will let you try another unit. This will help you identify if it is just that unit, which I suspect it might be.

The other way to correct it would be to use parameter formatting to correct the offset, however this might not be a desireable solution for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Best Regards

Neil

New unit is working OK

Post by Neil »

Hi Sarah,

Just following up on this post and the problems with CH4 reading out on my PT104. My Pico agent has swapped out the unit and the new one is working without a problem. So there was a problem with CH4 on the original unit.

Thank you for all your assistance,

much appreciated.

Regards,
Neil