Different inputs

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Daliti

Different inputs

Post by Daliti »

Hello,
for a project, we need to measure +/- 12 temperatures in the range -70°C to 100°C, we also need to measure 4 pressures (4-20 mA signal) and +/- 6 ON/OFF contacts.
We would like to display all the measured values in one graph, eventually a graph with more layers.
What is the basic set-up for this and is this anyway possible?
Thanks

Peter

daliti

Possible solution??

Post by daliti »

An USB ADC 11/12 + TC-08?

Daliti

max samples

Post by Daliti »

Additional question: max samples is only limited by the storage capacity connected computer, so we ca nstore millions of data. Is this correct?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your posts.

Yes, I would say that the USB ADC-11 and the USB TC-08 are the best combination for your requirements. Please note that you will need to use shunt resistors to measure the current with the ADC-11.

The storage ability of the Picoscope software is one million samples per file, however as you can set it to repeat and start a new file every time it can effectively record for as long as the hard-driver memory will allow it.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

daliti

Graphs

Post by daliti »

Can the different graphs form both units afterwards be pasted in one overall graph?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Picolog cannot do this but if you export the data to Excel then it is possible there.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Magnus E

Buffer size & hard-drive memory & zoom in recorded s

Post by Magnus E »

Hi

The difference between PicoScope 3204 3205 3206 are the bandwidth and the buffer size. What difference makes the buffer size? I mean the recorded signal is stored at the harddrive?

What I want to know is that if I can record a signal over 5 minutes and later go back and zoom in the signal and look for details as transients and “spikesâ€

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Scopes will store the data in the buffer before transfer to the PC.

Data loggers ransfer the data once it has been converted withour using a large buffer.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum