Hello

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
kgosc

Hello

Post by kgosc »

I'm new here although I'm not new to hardware design, microprocessor software and using scopes and analyzers.

I've just got 3206D MSO for my company to augment my designing of some Arduino controlled device. Unfortunately despite several hours of struggle I was not able to make it running. I.e. the hardware seems to install properly under W7 x64, Vista x64 and WXP 32. At least after software installation the hardware is recognized and properly identified in Device Manager (as PicoScope 3000 Series). The red front panel LED is on as well. However the PicoScope 6 software claims that it cannot find any supported devices. I've tried re-installation, explicitly setting administration privileges, different software start scenarios, both provided USB cables, both USB2.0 and USB3.0 sockets and many of them on three different computers...
Software installed from provided CD, with and without network access. The latest software downloaded from manufacturer's site.
In vain.

Do anyone have any suggestions what may went wrong? The device almost working? Compatibility issues (with all that old and new software?!)?

Replacing the hardware may be an option, but It'll take time (bought it through local dealer; I live in Warsaw, Poland) so I'd like to test whatever solution possible before I restore to it.

Regards
Krzysztof Gościński

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by Martyn »

I believe you are in discussion with our support team, this may be a hardware error.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager