About amplifying 3204B AWG signal

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
savpek

About amplifying 3204B AWG signal

Post by savpek »

Hello, is there any (possibly cheap?) amplifier from -1 - +1V (Picoscope 3204B) function generator to -15 - +15 voltage range attleast as output. Or do i have to build own device?

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: About amplifying 3204B AWG signal

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
For something cheap you will need to build your own (as always!). For a high power unit, I only have a link to one that I know of:-
http://www.kepcopower.com/specs/bopspecs.pdf
Regards,
PeterF.

Zeyneb

Post by Zeyneb »

Hi there,

I'm going to build such a thing. However for the 3206 MSO.

Please consider a standard non inverting opamp circuit with regular voltage feedback. The signal from the 3206 function generator is feed to non inverting input.

How about the correct termination resistor in this scenario? The output impedance of the function generator is 600 ohm. Coax cables are usually 50 or 75 ohm.

So how to solve this without any compromises to signal integrity? Attenuation is not such a problem because I can compensate for that. Especially with decompensated opamps which are not unity gain stable.

The 600 ohm was chosen to prevent damage during short circuits right? The thing can at least deliver 2 / 600 = 3.3 mA correct?

I hope to hear from you!

Best regards,
Zeyneb

naminator2003

Post by naminator2003 »

I don't think the coaxial cable would be a big problem. I have used a configuration similar to what you have suggested. The 600ohm signal generator output is fed to an opamp noninverting input through a 50ohm RG58 cable. I have not noticed any relevant signal distorsion in approximately 10KHz bandwidth.

It all depends on the generated signal bandwidth and frequency. If it is high enough, you may have problems.