TC-08 Power

Post any questions about our serial port products
oguz

TC-08 Power

Post by oguz »

Hi,

I used TC-08 to measure temperature with my laptop but when but when I plugged my laptop my values ​​are distorted. Which solution you offer me ?

Thank you

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TC-08 Power

Post by Martyn »

I take it you mean the plug in the laptops power supply, these can be a source of noise which can have an effect on readings.

Is it the original power supply that came with the laptop ?
Does it have a true earth connection ? Two wire or three wire from the socket to the brick ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

oguz

Post by oguz »

Hi Martyn,

yes its a original charger with two wire from the socket to the brick

Thanks

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

What are you measuring the temperature of ? and are the bare ends of the thermocouples touching the surface ?
Martyn

oguz

Post by oguz »

I measure the temperature of my oven standard(stallion). Yes can be that my thermocouples affects(touches) the surface but it is not the reason of the defect.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

If the thermocouple tips are touching a surface that is grounded, and the laptop power supply is connected to a different ground then it is possible to pull the TC08 outside it's common mode operating range, due to a ground loop, which would result in incorrect readings.

If you insulate the thermocouple tips, and the issue still remains, then it is due to noise created by the power supply.
Martyn