PicoScope 6 Beta Release for Mac OSX

Discussion forum for the Picoscope 6 Mac software
Roland

Re: PicoScope 6 Beta Release for Mac OSX

Post by Roland »

I have been working with PC-based equipment for some years and have become used to it, although I kind of dislike the MS way to handle things.
The truth is that I'm a dedicated Mac user and would prefer to stay in that environment also for test and measuring purposes.
I just got myself a 3203D and was happy when I found the PS6 Beta for Mac. I tried it for a while but there were so many shortcomings in it compared to the Windows version that I started looking for support. Reading here I see very little written about it and all comments are rather old, so I'm now wondering if the development has halted.

Whats the status, are you still working on it?
Is a new Beta release or the proper SW coming any time soon?

That would make me happy, for sure :-)

; spell check :oops:
Last edited by Roland on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We are still working on updating the Mac OSX version of PicoScope 6, with the ultimate aim of reaching feature parity with the Windows version.

As we are currently updating the Windows version with significant improvements to the Serial Decoding functionality, the goal posts are moving.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Roland

Post by Roland »

Thanks Martyn, and please keep the steam up!

Don't underestimate the latent demand of Mac support for this kind of equipment.
I belive there are many more people like me waiting for PS SW working on Mac before they actually buy a Picoscope.
I'm for sure not the only one that may have hesitated to buy a USB-scope because of the lack of Mac SW.

My newly purchased PS can now only be used in the workshop where I have a spare W7 desktop.
I'd rather always be able to use the PicoScope, wherever I go working. But this will only happen when it can be run on Mac OS.
So please, make it come through asap :-)

/Roland