The need for the winusb driver

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
jaray

The need for the winusb driver

Post by jaray »

I've finally gotten my code to a point where I am wanting to try it on different machines. The machine I have been testing on has the picoscope 6 software installed, so I have had no trouble communicating with the device using the libraries provided by the SDK. After deploying my application and moving it to a different machine, I couldn't get my software to work until I installed the picoscope 6 software. The dependency seems to be in the winusb driver. What do I need to do in order to package that driver with my deployment so that whatever computer I put it on can run my software without having to install the picoscope 6 software first.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The need for the winusb driver

Post by Martyn »

In the SDK if you go to the system folder you will find two sub folders, one for 64bit (amd64) and one for 32bit (x86), open up the appropriate folder and then run dpinst, this will install the appropriate USB drivers.

We are releasing a new sdk soon, which uses an installer, and therefore this will be handled automatically.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

jaray

Re: The need for the winusb driver

Post by jaray »

I found that in the SDK and wanted to delete this post before it went up. I'll leave it up in case anyone else has the same issue.