adc 22

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Lindsay
User
User

adc 22

Post by Lindsay »

I have just received my adc 22 and have just gone through the programme to get an idea how it works.
I want to monitor 20 channels of voltage and display the information on a spreadsheet.
I can only see 4 channels available. can you advise me how to make all the channels avaiable so that i can monitor all.
an example would be much appreciated

Lindsay

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

I am not sure what you are seeing when you say there are only 4 channels. There should be more than this showing - you may need to scroll down to see everything. Make sure also that you have the ADC-22 selected. If this still persists then please send us a screen shot to tech@picotech.com so that we can see what you are seeing.

Best Regards

Lindsay
User
User

adc 22

Post by Lindsay »

My mistake - all the channels are showing when I go to either A B C or D and scrol down.
I can see all the 22 channel readings at one time if I create a new meter for each channel.
Is this the best way to display all the information from each channel
What I am trying to do is contimuously monitor 20 voltage channels and then paste into excel where i can then manipulate the figures etc.
Could you please advise if this is possible. I noticed from other messages in the forum that max columns on spreadsheet is 16.
I have also tried using the =PLW/current!value formula but that only seems to copy one column only.
( I am fairly new to this type of tech so please bear with me)

Thanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

I am glad to hear this is all ok now. With regards setting up Excel with multiple channels, we do have a DDE example for multiple channels which we can email to you if you email us at tech@picotech.com and request it.

Best Regards

Post by Guest »

I have noticed on the ADC 22 that we have pins 1 to 22 and gnd,gnd and do1
I assume that you can monitor 22 individual signals( voltages in my case)
without a common line.
Could you please advise what pins would be used for each channel.
eg channel 1 is pin 1 and ?
channel 2 is pin 2 and ?
etc.
also what function is do1

Thanks

Lindsay
User
User

adc 22/adc10

Post by Lindsay »

Sorry I forgot to add thi final question.
I will be using the adc 22 on the usb adapter. I have also running an adc 10 on athe parrel port.
You told me earlier that both units could be run at the same time.
I have tried on the workbench to do this but i can only open one file at a time
could you please advise how to set this up correctly

Thanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Firstly, each channel will probably need to connected with reference to ground (GND). Therefore, channel 1 to pin 1 and gnd.

To set up multiple units you need to select the box that says "Use Multiple Converters" this is present in the Picolog software when you go to File | Settings - is at the bottom of the first box which appears.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Post by Guest »

Hi sarah,

As I am connecting several different voltages to the channels I dont think it advisable to have a common ground as this could cause some problems between the voltage supplies.
Each channel needs to be seperated from each other. Is this possible without having a commob ground

Lindsay
User
User

Lindsay

Post by Lindsay »

Waiting in anticipation for my next response.
I have a bank of batteries: 22 x 2 v cells giving a total of 44 volts and I want to be able to monitor the cell voltages to anticipate future cell failures.
I was hoping to be able to use the adc 22 logger to accumplish this, but so far I have been unable to do so. I have tried putting cell 1 voltage between inputs 1 and 2. This workded fine but it would result in me only having 11 channels avaible instead of the 22.( I tried the next cell voltage between channels 2 and 3 and this gave me an accululated voltage instead of an individual voltage.)
i have tried using channel 1 as a reference or common point, but this did not work either as it caused readings in other channels to do strange things.
I cannot use the grd as a common as this would cause an accumulation of cell voltages and any one cell deviation would be seen in all other readings.
Could you please advise if my project would be possible using the adc 22.
Hoping for a prompt reply

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Lindsay

Thank you for your email.

It should be possible, however if you do not wish to use the common ground on the unit then you will need to find some other way of grounding each cell individually. The unit itself has a common ground and is unable to supply isolated grounds. Therefore you may decide that using the ADC-22 is not a viable option.

Best Regards