TC-08 and RF modem

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
Aligator237

TC-08 and RF modem

Post by Aligator237 »

I use a TC-08, every thing is ok in rs 232 connection but when I use my pair of radio modem from Adeunis I got a message ' can't open communication' ... I tried to make a software in Vb to access the port with a low level command, the dialog looks ok now ...I think the problem comes from the DLL , the command open_unit looks bad ... If you have make a VB software who access an RF modem , please help me ...

Alan

TC08 radio modem

Post by Alan »

Many radio modems do not implement all pins on the RS232 port. We use some of the pins to power the TC08 (in the same way a PC mouse is powered from the serial port). Its probable that you will need to power the TC08 remotely, a couple of PP3 style 9V batteries will do the job. Have a look in the TC08 help file manual for the serial port pin connection details.

Regards
Alan
Pico

Aligator237

Post by Aligator237 »

Thanks Alan, but I tried that before my first question ... I'm sure there is a difference in the RS232 protocol between the normal connection accross the DLL and the direct connection with low level commands. I'm looking for a VB code who use a low level function, sending à "0" for collecting the result on the chanel 1 ... etc ... In that case the open_unit is not efficient.... :(