PicoScope2202

Having problems ? let us know the details here
NeedHelp

PicoScope2202

Post by NeedHelp »

I just recieve my Picoscope2202 and am trying to install the software. During installation the program asks for the type of scope that is being used and the 2000 series Picoscope is not a option. Is the software on the CD old or is the scope have another name?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

It sounds likeyou have an older version of the software which doesn't support the PS2202. You can get our latest version which will support the unit from:

http://www.picotech.com/software

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Finally got it to work!

Post by Guest »

I finally got it to work! I had to download the latest version of Pico Scope and choose the 3000 series scope not the 2000 series during installation. For some reason if I chose the 2000 series it did not work.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Glad that it is working!

I will look into the installation procedure and see if this is faulty for the 2000 products.

Best Regards

teajee

PicoScope2202 installation

Post by teajee »

I received yesterday my brand new PS2202 ... but can't make it work with my Win XP SP2 laptop ... tried to use latest SW from WEB site, but nothing works (USB issue, I think) ... Do I have to re-install all as PS3000 as suggested by the latest mail by NeedHelp ?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you need to install for the 3000. We have discovered that there is a bug with the 2000 installation procedure, and we are seekign to fix this. In the meantime you need to install for the 3000.

Best Regards

teajee

PS2202

Post by teajee »

Thanks for your kind support ... One question about the process: If I download the latest Picoscope SW, do I need to install first any driver ? If yes, which driver, from where ? (first installation using the CD did'nt work at all !)

teajee

Post by teajee »

Finally, trying to instal my PS2202 as a PS3000 did'nt work, so using XP device manager I removed the faulty device, reinstalled PicosCope 5.12.7, Selected the driver manually ("Don't search. I will choose the driver to install", "Select a hardware type, and then click Next")
The hardware types available shown PicosCope2000, so I selected it ...and got it working at last !!!

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for the update, I am pleased to hear it is working. The software installation needs to be done as a 3000, everything else should then install as a 2000 for the hardware.

Best Regards