PS3206 : trigger and sampling rate with labview

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
Carooo

PS3206 : trigger and sampling rate with labview

Post by Carooo »

Hello,
I use the VI provided by picotech. But I don't understand two points.
First, when I trig on channel A and I change the trig level, I can't see difference. Does the level work only for external source ? (I don't try with the external trigger).
Then, the PS3206 can reach 10GS/s with a repetitive signal but with labview I am limited to 200MS/s (as for a non repetitive signal).
How reach 10GS/s of sampling rate ?
Thanks.
Caro

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

It seems that you need to change "source" and also check "direction" so that you are triggering off the correct channel and also the correct direction (rising or falling edge).

The 10GS/s is for using ETS. Real-time, single shot sample is a maximum of 200MS/s for the PS3206.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Carooo

ETS mode

Post by Carooo »

Thans for your answer.
I found my problem about the trigger (problem of scale...)
But I can't use the ETS mode. I read the manual and followed the instructions but it doesn't work. Maybe I don't use correctly the DLL.
Can you give me an example of program ?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

I believe you are in touchwith my colleage by email, he will get back to you regarding this.

Best Regards

Carooo

Post by Carooo »

It's right but he says he can't help me, he doesn't have an example. I tried again (and again) but my program don't work. I followed the manual but results are same.
I need your help, please.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately as I am not a LabView programmer I am unable to help you. The LabView answers I supplied previously were via my colleague with whom you have been in contact.

Maybe someone on here can help you.

Best Regards