1 2 5 scaling for X and Y option

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
zmrbill

1 2 5 scaling for X and Y option

Post by zmrbill »

Rise up fellow PicoScope users!

PicoScope software needs the option to have zoomed waveforms snap to 1 2 5 based scaling like Tektronix and Lecroy. It's already on PicoScope software upgrades list and I for one would like to see it pushed up to top priority. The biggest problem I run into is presenting waveforms to fellow engineers. Everybody is used to looking for the horizontal time/div and vertical volts/div and doing rough "Eyeball math" on waveforms.

Help me get 1 2 5 scaling pushed to the top of the upgrades list. Respond with you vote!

Bill

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 1 2 5 scaling for X and Y option

Post by Martyn »

There are active discussions about this feature within the development team, and how this will work with other features such as pan and scroll.

Any additional thoughts about this subject can be added to these discussions, so please post to this thread or email support@picotech.com
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Gustav

Post by Gustav »

Hi

I agree with Bill and Martyn. PicoScope can be improved significantly, if the scaling is improved.

I have written about it before on this forum. The readability of the scales would increase significantly, if you put an effort into it. To me it is not so important if it is 1 2 5 scaling, and/or pan and scroll.

It seems like relatively simple feature, that will have a big payback on all scopes, from the smallest to the biggest.

stevenvh

Post by stevenvh »

I've asked before for a more logical div representation when zooming. Doesn't have to be 1,2,5 for me. Just don't align divisions on 9.32 seconds or so. Can easily be solved if you don't require a window to be exactly 10 divisions.

But I faced more serious problems, like half of your measurement tools gone when you turn off the analog sub view. I would suggest to work on a release with bug fixes first, and keep new features for afterwards.

Robski

Post by Robski »

I would suggest to work on a release with bug fixes first, and keep new features for afterwards.
exactly.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Exactly what we are doing.
A new beta release will be available shortly, addressing serial decoding issues and a number of other outstanding bugs. Further details to follow.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager