pH electrode and wine fermentation

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Dloebis

pH electrode and wine fermentation

Post by Dloebis »

Hi there! I have used a pH electrode and Dr Daq to measure the pH of a wine fermentation. The electrode was immersed in the wine for 2 weeks. Since the very first day, Dr Daq showed constant value...zero. However, when I immerse the electrode in drinking water, Dr. Daq shows 6-7. Do you think the pH electrode only works in certain liquids such as wine? :?:
Dloebis

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Do you have any kind of voltage or potential running through the wine? This is the only thing I can think of that would affect the result - it should otherwise work fine.

What I would recommend, in order to test, is to try using the pH probe in a glass of wine, and see if this works.

Best Regards

pH for wine fermentation

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your reply. No, there is no voltage or potential running through the wine. I have also tested the pH probe in a glass of wine, but it still does not work. the pH is still zero. Do you think I need to calibrate the pH meter? But even so, why everytime I put the pH probe in a glass of drinking water, the pH value is fine (between 6-7)?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

I am not sure why it should not work in the wine. Does it work with other liquids such as vinegar?

If you believe the probe may be faulty and you purchased it from us, then we will be able to exchange it for you. First however I would recommend testing it in other liquids - such as vinegar as this is an acid.

Best Regards