ADC-200 + XP Home Problem

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
Calin

ADC-200 + XP Home Problem

Post by Calin »

Hello everyone,

I got a ADC-200 from a friend and tried to use on my computer, running windows XP Home. Since he lost the original CD, I downloaded picoscope from PicoTech website (version 5.12.3 - 32bit), but it doesn´t work. I tried to reinstall, install picolog, etc etc, but still the same error
"PicoScope could not open the following product (ADC-200)"

I notice something weird in PicoScope About windows:

---------------------
Release 5.12.3 - 32-bit
ADC200 Driver V4.02
Error 13 (H0 S0)
ADC200.sys V0.0
---------------------

I also notice that adc200 system driver is stoped. I´m not sure if it´s normal.
I read in some other msgs that some people is having troubles with the new versions of picoscope. I wonder if someone could send me by email an older version of picoscope (gcalin2001@yahoo.com.br).

There´s also another ´possible´ problem. My ADC-200 came without a parallel cable. I´m using two cables to test it (a standard parallell cable and a Zip-Driver cable). Just to make sure, does it need some special cable or should it work ok with these cables?

I´d appreciate some help.

Thanks

Gabriel Calin

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The adc200.sys should be started. Does the light on the front of the unit go out when you try to open the software? The error messages you are seeing show that the software cannot open the unit - it cannot communicate with it. If the light on the front of the unit goes out then the computer has at least made some contact with it - the light will come on when you plug it in and flash when it is sampling however it should go out when the software is opened and when the unit is not sampling.

With regards the parallel cable, this needs to be a straight-through cable.

If you would like to try and older version of the software you can find some on our website at:

http://www.picotech.com/software-archive.html

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Post by Guest »

Hi,

When I connected the unit I noticed the front light (that stays always on) gives some fast blinks, even if I don´t run the software. Running the software doesn´t make any difference on the led.
Something weird also happened twice here. The computer just rebooted when I kept the unit connected (after a hour or so).
I´ll try an old version of PicoScope and see what happens.
Thanks

Gabriel

Calin

Tries....

Post by Calin »

Hi,

I tried the older PicoScope software. Version 5.11.8 didn´t work either (same error I described before).
Version 5.11.7 worked, at least for few seconds. It loads up, show the main windows and the osciloscope wave. After 4 seconds the entire system locks-up (even mouse) and I have to cold reboot it.
Any solution to make it work?

Gabriel

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for the extra information, I am sorry to hear that this has not helped.

What I would recommend now is to check the mode of the parallel port in the BIOS of the computer. It should be set to one of the following modes:

SPP, Normal, Output Only, Unidirectional

It should NOT be set to ECP, EPP or Bidirectional. These modes can be temporamental.

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards

Post by Guest »

It was SPP all the time.... still not woking.

Gabriel

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Gabriel

Thank you for your post.

I will send you version 5.11.6 via email as you requested.

Best Regards

Calin

Gave up

Post by Calin »

Hi...

I tried every single software version I could find, but still not working. I just gave up trying to make it work.
If you have any sugestion that might help, let me know.

Calin

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear that it is still not working.

I would recommend to try the unit on another computer and see if it will work on another computer. It may be that the unit needs repairing.

Have you tried the very latest version - R5.12.6? This has only been on our website a few days.

Let me know how you get on.

Best Regards