bug in sizing sub views

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
stevenvh

bug in sizing sub views

Post by stevenvh »

I have a window with analog and digital sub views enabled. I'm also using cursors, so that small window is also visible. I try to reduce the height of the analog sub view by dragging the splitter up, but it won't go beyond the cursors window. Fine, I can live with that. I move the cursors window up, but the splitter won't go any higher. Even after closing the cursors window it seems to remember its original position, and won't go higher.

So I decide to close and reopen the analog sub view. The window is now evenly split between analog and digital sub view. But just clicking on the splitter (I haven't even started dragging it!) is enough to make it jump to the earlier position, from which it again won't go up!

In desperation I closed the program with the analog sub view closed. Restart the program, enable the analog sub view. Now the splitter doesn't move at all! Neither up nor down. And while some of my digital channels are hidden behind the splitter I have no vertical scrollbar to bring them in view again. (The "solution" is to disable and re-enable the digital sub view, but the splitter remains frozen.)
2015-04-18 09-26-08.png
2015-04-18 09-26-08.png (1.87 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
I like my scope, but at this time I'm not going to recommend it to my friends and colleagues; the Picoscope software still has too many bugs, some just annoying, some more serious.

Robski

Re: bug in sizing sub views

Post by Robski »

I like my scope, but at this time I'm not going to recommend it to my friends and colleagues; the Picoscope software still has too many bugs, some just annoying, some more serious
It's not just me then, I don't use it much these days as my trust has gone in the software (automotive), losing captures & other glitches etc ...........