ADC 40 and 42 Application for Elevator Troubleshooting

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Bruce

ADC 40 and 42 Application for Elevator Troubleshooting

Post by Bruce »

I am looking at the ADC 40 or 42 to be used in troubleshooting intermittent problems on elevator controllers, as well as using them for setup and adjustment of drive parameters.

I see up to 480 VAC measuring incoming line voltages, as well as up to 300vdc while measuring motor fields, etc.

What would be the appropriate test probe that I would need to safely measure these voltages without damaging my PC or becoming part of the circuit?

Also, will the software allow me to set a trigger point based upon the time the breakdown event occurred?

Thanks, Bruce North American Elevator Services

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

You need to use an isolating probe for these voltages to ensure that the voltage is isolated from the PC and the unit. The problem with the ADC-40 and ADC-42 is that they have a low input voltage range of ±5V and this limits you when using probes.

I would instead recommend the ADC-212/3 and then the X10/X100 isolating probe which we produce as this will enable you to measure up to ±700VDC and it gives a maximum output of ±7V which means you could not use it with the ADC-40 and 42.

You can get the software to save on trigger. When it saves the files the date and time is printed on the bottom of the screen.

Hope this helps

Best Regards