adc 212/100 update shot on long timebase

Post any questions about our parallel port products
makila
User
User

Post by makila »

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right but...

Guset wrote:
so i put the -50 into block mode with 25000 samples [my default] and ran it at 1 sec per div.
the screen updates 1 time every 14 seconds???? tell me thats not wacked!
1 sec/div = 10 seconds of total data
It took 14 seconds (i.e. less than 20 seconds) to record 10 seconds of data, transfer the data to the computer, and update the screen.

Autonerdz wrote:
In Block mode all was fine on both models. With the samples at 25,000 on a one second screen using the 212/50 screen updated in just under two seconds.
100 mS/div = 1 second of total data
It took less than 2 seconds to record one second of data, transfer the data, and update the screen.

I could be wrong, but aren't these rates very close to being the same? Or am I just missing something here? Just curious.

Post by Guest »

if i take my -3 and setup the exact same readings, it will plot a steady line across the screen. the slower i set the timebase, the slower the line advances.
the -50 shows no advancing line at all and then suddenly leaps accross the screen in one complete line or several leaps depending on the length of timebase. still curious?

Autonerdz
Advanced User
Advanced User

Tests

Post by Autonerdz »

I did some more digging on this and discovered that the 5.12.03 version I have is different than the one now available. I installed the new 5.12.03 and ran the tests again.

The 212/50 now works fine in Chart Recorder at the long time bases. The 212/50 and 212/3 both draw one trace and stop working in Standard Mode. Block Mode works great.

Makila, you are so right. I didn't read carefully :?

I did the test again with a 10 second screen at 25,000 samples in Block Mode. Screens took 11 seconds. This rate varies from PC to PC and the 14 seconds is probably normal.

Guest, I suggest you get the 5.12.03 now on line and try it. I think I saw what you saw here on my equipment with the Chart recorder issue. Now it's fixed with the new software.
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
http://www.autonerdz.com
THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America

Post by Guest »

forgetting timebases and such, my pc locks up at the higher timebases and i can't even get the pico program to respond when i try to change a setting.
i uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version which i just downloaded and now the -50 even locks up at 200ms.
also at one point earlier this am, running a trace with nothing plugged on the output terminals at all, i was getting a trace of 7 mv steady on a 50 mv scale.
i'm done with this thing. it's going in for repair. period. :evil:
now we'll see what customer support is like :roll:

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post and email.

I will issue you with a returns number today by email and you can then send the unit to us. We will fully examine it to see if there are any faults with it.

Best Regards

Post by Guest »

and the plot thickens.
turn around on the shipping was great, just received it with a copy of 5.7.5
uninstalled the old software and loaded the new version.

now neither of my pico scopes works!

the install didn't list xp so i used nt/2000
i picked 212 out of the list.

first error i got was adc 200 on lpt1
second try was error 2 [ho so]

boy, i sure feel lucky lately.

i will remove and inst the older version so at least my 212-3 will work.

i'm using xp home with sp2.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear that this version did not work - I had tried it and it did work on my PC.

You might like to try the latest version on our website as this has had some bugs fixed since I sent you the other version. The latest release is 5.12.6.

Let me know how you get on with that.

Best Regards

Post by Guest »

:D :D :D
now we're getting somewhere.

however, the lagging timebase problem is fixed but a new problem has surfaced.

using the 212-50 in chart recorder mode with sampling at 25000, [my default specs that i use it in] when turned on at about 200us i get a line across the screen that starts from the right at about -2mv and arcs to the other side ending at about -6 mv.

if i speed up the time base to about 2 ms, it arcs just at the left side screen to- 6 ms while maintaining -2 ms along the way from the right.

when i set the scope to 1 sec or longer, it switches to about +2mv steady.
ideas?? :shock:

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

I am glad to hear that the new software has fixed the problem! With regards the other issues, I will need to look at this myself and get back to you.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Best Regards