EL008 logger not found

David Kelsall

EL008 logger not found

Post by David Kelsall »

I expect this is a common problem. My trusty EL008 logger works perfectly connected to COM1 of a PC running Windows 3.11
When I connect it to COM1 of a PC running Windows 98, though the device manager says that COM1 is working properly, all I get is "logger not found".
I fear I am being stupid, but please can you help?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear that you have been seeing this problem.

Firstly, ensure that the logger actually connected to COM1 - ie, make sure it is not being called COM2 by Windows instead. Then check and make sure that the Enviromon software is addressing COM1. Also ensure that the software is configured corrrectly for the logger. If there is anything else installed to the COM1 port then this may be interfering with the deivce so uninstalling it or pointing it to a different port may help.

Let me know how you get on.

Best Regards

David Kelsall

EL008 logger not connected

Post by David Kelsall »

Thank you. I have already tried all that, in vain. I use the same cable for the Windows 3.11 machine and the 98 one. COM port details are the same on both machines, I/O range 03F8-03FF and IRQ 4.
Although the device manager of the windows 98 PC says that COM1 is working properly, I can only suppose there is some hardware fault. When I re-connect the cable to the old windows 3.11 machine, all is working again.
Is there any point in trying to connect the logger to a USB port?

David

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi David

Thank you for your post.

Yes, I would recommend trying a USB to Serial adaptor as it may be that the COM port is not compatible with the logger. If you use a USB adaptor then this should get round this problem.

Best Regards

David Kelsall

EL008 logger not found

Post by David Kelsall »

Thank you Sarah.

I will try that and let you know what happens.

David Kelsall

David Kelsall

EL008 logger not found

Post by David Kelsall »

Thank you Sarah.
I have found a USB to Serial connector, joined it up, and all is now well.
The logger has been found at last !

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Glad to hear it is working!

Best Regards