Position control on the screen

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
arielmedina
Active User
Active User

Position control on the screen

Post by arielmedina »

I using PicoScope 5.11.8 with ADC212/50 in X-Y mode and I want to move the figure both up-down and right-left in the same mode like in a analogue scope using "position" knobs.
Is it possible?

Thanks

Ariel

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Ariel

Thank you for your post.

You should be able to do this by selecting the x1 zoom for both axis. This then gives you scroll bars on the side which you can use to posistion the figure.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

arielmedina
Active User
Active User

Post by arielmedina »

Hi sarah

Thank you for your reply.

I know the x1 zoom tool for both axis, but when I move the figure , the scale of each axis move too. So I need move only the figure and keep the scale fixed.

Best Regards
Ariel
Sarah wrote:Hi Ariel

Thank you for your post.

You should be able to do this by selecting the x1 zoom for both axis. This then gives you scroll bars on the side which you can use to posistion the figure.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

I do not believe this is possible as if you just move the figure then the readings against the axis will not be correct. Therefore the axis moves with the figure. I do not know of any other way to do this in Picoscope.

Best Regards

arielmedina
Active User
Active User

Post by arielmedina »

Hi,
Thank you for your message.

Sorry, but if you choose any scope (analogue or digital), you can do this. You can move the figure while the scale is static. I know that the "absolute" readings will not be correct, but you can use the cursors to perform relative measures.
On the other hand, I think that I can use the offset null tool to make a little adjust of channels.
So, I would like you take in mind this subject for next upgrade.

Best Regards,

Ariel

Sarah wrote:Hi

Thank you for your post.

I do not believe this is possible as if you just move the figure then the readings against the axis will not be correct. Therefore the axis moves with the figure. I do not know of any other way to do this in Picoscope.

Best Regards

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for yourpost.

I will enter this suggestion into our customer feedback suggestions so that it can be passed on to our development team for consideration.

Best Regards

arielmedina
Active User
Active User

Post by arielmedina »

Hi Sarah,

Thak you very much for your technical assistance.

Best Regards

Ariel

CONIMED SA

Sarah wrote:Hi

Thank you for yourpost.

I will enter this suggestion into our customer feedback suggestions so that it can be passed on to our development team for consideration.

Best Regards