Streaming mode limitations inequity

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
CoyoteDavid
Active User
Active User

Streaming mode limitations inequity

Post by CoyoteDavid »

Just a basic question, why is the streaming maximum number of samples limited for some Picoscopes. For example, the 3424 is limited to 2M, while the 3406B and 5444B can sample 100M in streaming mode. This seems contrary to Picotech's basic philosophy to make the Picoscope for Windows available to all targets that are capable of them. I own 5 Picoscope oscilloscopes, and 2 of them are limited to only 2% of the capture size that can be achieved with the other 3! Is there some setting that I can set to make the streaming buffer bigger?

Thanks,
-David

Hitesh

Re: Streaming mode limitations inequity

Post by Hitesh »

Hi David,

Looks like the older oscilloscope models were limited by design so unfortunately, there is no option to increase the record length at this moment in time.

You can still use the Software Development Kit in order to collect more samples in streaming mode.

Regards,

CoyoteDavid
Active User
Active User

Re: Streaming mode limitations inequity

Post by CoyoteDavid »

Hi Hitesh,
When you say "older oscilloscope models were limited by design", I assume you mean that the sample depth was limited by the PicoScope Software design, not by any hardware design. I guess obviously, since I can do more sample depth in the SDK. So that means that PicoScope 6 is doing a special check on model, and purposefully limiting some models. In other words, it is a marketing decision.

Thanks for the clarification.