reading more than 20 channels in PicoLog

Forum for discussing PicoLog
rkrupnik

reading more than 20 channels in PicoLog

Post by rkrupnik »

Hello,

I'm using two ADC-16's (all seven channels on each) and one ADC-22 (fourteen channels) in a test. I would like to read from twenty eight channels. Unfortunately, PicoLog crashes when I try to set up the twenty-first channel.

Is there a way around this problem? Or do I just have to get another computer? The only reason why I'm assuming that there isn't a problem with using more than twenty channels is the fact that Pico sells the ADC-22 unit which can support 22 channels.

Ross

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear you are seeing problems.

What version of the software is this?
If you set up 20+ channels with just the ADC-22 does this also crash?
When it crashes do you get an error message?
If so, what does it say?

If you can provide me some more information as to the software version you are using and anything else related to the settings that may help, then I will try to replicate this here and see if there is a software bug.

Best Regards

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I'm using the version of the software that is on the website.

http://www.picotech.com/download.html

I scrolled down to Full Versions and Upgrades for Windows 95/NT and above and downloaded the software from there.

So I'm using 14 channels on the ADC-22, and 7 channels on each of the ADC-16's. I did not determine if the ADC-22 would have a problem because we are trying to get our test together as fast as possible. Our primary solution, until we figure out why we can't read more than 20 channels, is to use another computer and read from the ADC-16's with that one.

I did not try to just setup an ADC-22 unit alone and see if the program crashes after 20 channels but I will try that now.

When I try to program the setup, I get as far as this.

12 channels programmed on the ADC-22
7 channels programmed on the first ADC-16
1 channel programmed on the second ADC-16

This is the error message that I get:

Error Message
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
plw32.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows

You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure where to find this error log.

Thank you,
Ross

rkrupnik

Post by rkrupnik »

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I am able to add all of the channels I want to use to the settings file. But when I try to program calculated parameters, that's when the program crashes.

Ross

Post by Guest »

Hello again,

I was just experimenting with the ADC-22.

I was able to add 22 channels, but when I tried to modify the output from these channels with "calculated parameters" the program crashed again with the same error message as mentioned before.

Ross

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your posts and the extra information.

It seems then that it is the calculated parameters which are causing the program to crash. I will try to replicate this and see exactly where the bug lies so that we can try to fix it.

Best Regards

Barry Jackson

Calculated parameters

Post by Barry Jackson »

Hello.
Have you had chance to try to replicate this issue. we would like to use 40 calculated parameters.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

I have looked into this and have been able to add calculated parameters when running an ADC-22 without problem. I am unable to replicate the crash. Therefore if you could email us a file to tech@picotech.com of just before you add the parameters and then gives details on what you add, then we can try it here more accurately. Please also include a link to this thread so that I can look at the history.

Best Regards