Calibration & Stepper-Motor Driver Measuring

Which product is right for your exact requirements
maci
User
User

Calibration & Stepper-Motor Driver Measuring

Post by maci »

Hi

I want to buy ADC-212/50 and I'm interested in calibration.(cost~73 Euro)
What is the DC accuracy (average) of a non calibrated unit ?

Is this unit good for accurate measuring the PWM Stepper-Motor circuit :
PWM frequency: 20kHz-100kHz
duty cycle: 1%-99% for microstepping SIN,COS wave
voltage peak: 40V high voltage for high-speed

Thanks
Csaba

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The accuracy of a ADC-212/50 (with calibration) is 1%.

I believe you should be able to use it with the application you describe however you will need to use attenuating probes as the maximum voltage input is ±20V.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

maci
User
User

Post by maci »

Hi

This item is available calibrated to National Standards at an additional cost of £50 (approximately $94.59 (US) / €73.20)

Do you require calibration for this item ? YES or NO

1. What will I lose if I choose NO in this question, when buying the ADC-212/50 ?

2. Will I got 2 probe with Oscilloscope ADC-212/50 if I order only unit:
( PP180E ; ADC-212/50 ; $944 )

Thanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Choosing an calibrated unit over an uncalibrated unit means that you get a calibration certficate showing any error factors present on the scope - these have to be within standard guidlines or the unit will fail. Any unit that we send out is tested to ensure that it is within the quoted accuracy, the calibration would then tell you by how much it is. Calibration does not make a difference to the performance of the unit unless the unit fails in which case we repair it so that it comes within the accuracy needed.

Probes are not supplied with any of our units, they need to be purchased seperately.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

maci
User
User

XP SP2

Post by maci »

Hi

Will ADC-212/50 working under Windows XP SP2 ?
What is the speed of communication on printer port in KB/s, with ADC-212/50 ?
How many second must wait for refreshing the data of 128KB from oscilloscope buffer in PC ?

maci
User
User

Post by maci »

Hi

When I buy, can I expect that the not calibrated unit have stable accuracy more years, or it is not guaranteed ?

Thanks

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Yes - the ADC-212/50 will work on windows XP, I have used it hear on XP many times.

The transfer speed will vary depending on many things including the operating system. On a windows 98 maching you could be looking at 100kHz, however on NT this is likely to be lower.

A calibrated unit shows you exactly what the errors factors were when calibrated. The calibration is valid for one year. All of our products are covered by a 2 year warranty, calibration does not extend this.

Hope this helps

Best Regards