Picoscope D-Series and Matlab / Labview

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
Rumchiller

Picoscope D-Series and Matlab / Labview

Post by Rumchiller »

Hello!
I want to buy the Picoscope 3203D and use it with matlab.
Is the new D-version absolutely compatible with the A/B-versions? Cause there is no SDK in the downloads for this scope. Also i cant find anywhere else more infos about the D-versions.
Thanks for your help!
Reggie

Hitesh

Re: Picoscope D-Series and Matlab / Labview

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Reggie,

The PicoScope 3203D uses the same API functions provided by the ps3000a driver as the PicoScope 3000 A/B and MSO models.

We are aware that the SDK option for the 3000D/3000D MSO models is not shown in the downloads list so I will confirm that this has already been reported to staff working on website content.

You can download the SDK by selecting a model such as the PicoScope 3204A.

Regarding MATLAB support, please e-mail support@picotech.com indicating if you intend to use Instrument Control Toolbox or write your own scripts to call the API functions directly and we can provide the relevant files.

Is there any particular information that you are looking for in relation to the PicoScope 3000 'D' versions?

Regards,

Rumchiller

Post by Rumchiller »

Hi Hitesh!

That sounds really nice! Although i bought the device already :mrgreen:. Yesterday I found the information about the API in the SDK-Manual.

Yeah, i have two questions:
1. What are the differences between the D- and A-versions? Just the USB-Port speed?
2. What do you mean with the email-support? I want to get analog data from two acceleration sensors and get that data in my matlab program. Do I need more files than that provided with the SDK of the A-version?

Thanks a second time!
Reggie

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Reggie,

There are other differences including the amount of buffer memory and we also introduced 50 and 70 MHz models in place of a 60MHz model.

You can find the data sheet for the old 2-channel 3000 A/B and MSO models here:

https://www.picotech.com/download/datas ... aSheet.pdf

Are you looking to use the Instrument Driver or write your own scripts in order to call the dll functions directly? The current Instrument Driver should work but there may be some limited functionality in terms of the signal generator. A new Instrument Driver is in progress.

How long do you need to collect data for each time and at what sampling interval?

The web page has been updated so the SDK link is now available for the PicoScope 3203D :D

Regards,

Rumchiller

Post by Rumchiller »

Hi Hitesh!

Today I get my pico :D. It's all OK, but sometimes when I switch the samples/s in the pico software, the LED goes off and I have to restart the software.

OK, so the D-version isnt just an "USB-Port upgrade" model :mrgreen:, thanks for the link.

At first, I think I will have a look at the instrument driver. When the driver does the things I will need, theres no reason for me to program own scripts. We will see :)

Im constructing a balancing machine for rotors, especially for crank drives.At my first runs I get the data with the analog input of my soundcard and with a low-budget oscilloscope from hantek. Cause I want to see all the relevant data at the first sight I have to write a program and get a oscilloscope that is compatible for this application. Yeah, I could get this simple data on an other way, without an oscilloscope. But this was the cheapest way to get the data on my notebook :!: .

The frequence area of the data to collect is between 1-20Hz (yeah, without the "k" :mrgreen: ), sometimes a little bit more. Yeah, and that with this oscilloscope :mrgreen:.

Youre so fast with the website updates :mrgreen:

OK, now I will get a look into the SDK :!:

Reggie

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Reggie,

Regarding the connection issue with the PicoScope 6 software, are you using the USB 3.0 or dual-headed USB 2.0 cable with the product?

Could you please locate the trace.xml file as shown in section 3 of the PicoScope 6 Self-Help Guide (https://www.picotech.com/download/manua ... uide-1.pdf) and send it to support@picotech.com

Thanks,

Rumchiller

Post by Rumchiller »

Hi Hitesh!

Yep, im connecting via USB 3.0. I think its a problem caused by my USB drivers or the os or something like that. Sometimes I cant connect via Matlab to the oscilloscope, then I go to another USB 3.0 port and it works. Sometimes when I disconnect via Matlab, it hangs and I can only kill the task and restart Matlab. Go to another USB 3.0 port and all is working fine.

I sent the file you requestet via eMail.

Reggie

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Reggie,

Thanks for the files.

This a driver issue which has been resolved. The fix should be available through the next version of PicoScope 6 and the SDK.

Regards,