PDF Edit Password protected

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
dreaquil

PDF Edit Password protected

Post by dreaquil »

Hi,

I saved two different waveforms as PDF (cause I needed to show the measurements and JPEG doesnt save measurements) Now I was trying to merge these into one pdf using adobe acrobat pro in order to be able to compare these directly and I was told I am unable to as these are password protected. Would it be possible for me to know the password? Also, I have previously made a forum post almost a year back for the option to have measurements on JPEGs and I was told it would be implemented in a future version of picoscope. Would it be possible for someone to follow that up?

Hitesh

Re: PDF Edit Password protected

Post by Hitesh »

hi dreaquil.

The pdf is password locked by design.

You could print to a pdf file or take screenshots of the screen and use these in your document.

Unfortunately, there is no update on adding measurements to jpeg images, but I will notify our Development Team.

Regards,

stevenvh

Post by stevenvh »

Can the PDF in future versions be unprotected? Protecting so that it's not editable makes no sense, as I'm the one who created the file in the first place.
Alternatively, the PDF could be protected by a password the user can choose herself, and which could be kept in a configuration file.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi stevenvh,

This has been referred to members of our Development Team for consideration.

Regards,