How Many ADC22 can you connect to a PC via usb adaptors

Which product is right for your exact requirements

How Many ADC22 can you connect to a PC via usb adaptors

Post by Guest »

HI,

How many ADC22's can you connect to a PC, if each ADC22 has its own Parrellel to USB adaptor?

I know you can connect 4 of ADC11 USB types, but not sure of the ADC22.

Would this be the best setup if you require to monitor 50+ signals?

Rgeards

Dale

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can only have 4 USB parallel connectors at once. Therefore this would limit your usage of ADC-22s on USB parallel ports.

You could use this for 50+ signals, or you could use 2 and an additional USB ADC-11.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Thanks for reply

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your quick response

Am i correct in saying you could have upto 88 signals using 4 ADC-22's with parrelel to USB connectors connected to 1 PC?

Regards

Dale.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Yes, 4 ADC-22 units would give you 88 channels. Picolog graph and spreadsheet views will only allow to see 16 at a time but you can swap these in and out and set up monitor groups if you wish.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Guets

Thanks

Post by Guets »

Thank you.

Dale

Dale

More more more more

Post by Dale »

Sorry to go on,

The limitation to 4 adc22 over USB, is this due to the pico ADC driver?

If so is there anything in the pipe line to enable more units over USB?

Could i actualy increase the amount of units to one PC by using my LPT ports?

If i had 3 LPT ports and 4 USB ports on my PC could i connect to 7 ADC22? (only access one at a time thoe)

I am assuming 3 is the maximum amount of pico units that can be connected to a PC via the LPT ports. Is this correct or is it more?

Regards

Dale

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Dale

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you could also use units on the LPT ports - as you say, a maximum of 3. Therefore in theory you could have 7 ADC-22 units connected to the computer, however I have never tried this and would not know how efficiently it would run.

I believe the limitation is due to the driver however I would need to check this to make sure. I am not aware of plans to increase this limit.

Hope this helps

Best Regards