Pico 2204A Check USB cable when changing timebase

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
dreaquil

Pico 2204A Check USB cable when changing timebase

Post by dreaquil »

Hi,

Very often (almost 100% of the time) when I change the timebase of a signal I get the check usb cable error and can hear the relay clicking continuously every second or so until i click cancel. I then reconnect the picoscope and it sets itself to a default value of timebase. When I change it again very often it does it again.

EDIT: I realised now that it very often happens when I go into a timebase above 100ms/div

Hitesh

Re: Pico 2204A Check USB cable when changing timebase

Post by Hitesh »

Hi dreaquil,

Are you using the supplied blue USB cable?

Are you using a desktop or laptop PC, and if the former, are you using the front or rear USB ports?

Please could you also provide the following information:
  • Click Help -> About PicoScope 6... and post the text from the dialog
  • Configure PicoScope 6 and before changing to above 100ms/div, save a data or settings file
  • Switch to above 100ms/div, and after the 'Check USB cable' message appears, wait for a short while and then close down PicoScope 6. Locate the trace.xml file as shown in section 3 of the PicoScope 6 Self-Help Guide http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/pi ... uide-1.pdf
When the 'Check USB cable' message appears, does the device disappear from the Windows Device Manager?

Please send the above information to support@picotech.com so that we can investigate further.

Regards,