Why isn't .pls file properly documented?!

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
alpurser

Why isn't .pls file properly documented?!

Post by alpurser »

I may be lookin at things the wrong way here but im new to picologger and am trying to invoke multiple instances of it - to do this i will write a batch file invoking each instance from a seperate .pls file as documented....

im now faced with a .pls file and having to cross reference it with available docs to determine what each entries parameter relates to .... WHY IS THIS NOT DOCUMENTED!?!?!?... why do PICOTECH not produce a .pls file that is fully anotated and therefore customizable with ease from a text editor

Surely im not the first person to do this and want to be able to quickly tailor a .pls file!

Any help appreciated folks
Cheers
Alex

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why isn't .pls file properly documented?!

Post by Martyn »

It is not something that I have been asked in my time at the company, although i have manually edited a data file to try and recover corrupt data.

When others have wanted multiple instances they have created the pls files by using the software, that way they are confident that the settings are correct.

The Picolog software and documentation is in maintenance release, and as such is unlikely to be changed.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager