multiple logging recorders with 1 TC-08

Forum for discussing PicoLog
meegdes

multiple logging recorders with 1 TC-08

Post by meegdes »

good morning,

I would like to use multiple logging recorders with one TC-08.
2 Thermolements are in one furnace and two thermolements are in an other furnace. Therfore I need to log both sets of thermolements seperat from each other.

When I use the solution as described in 3.12 of the handbook, Windows XP gives a failure notice.
When I use the .bat solution I get the failure notice that the device has lost contact to PicoLog.

Could someone help me find a solution to this problem?
I use Software version: 5.21.5

Hitesh

Re: multiple logging recorders with 1 TC-08

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Meegdes,

The 'Run multiple recorders' section in the manual refers to the use of more than one device on a PC. As you have only one device, you cannot run two instances of PicoLog recorder at the same time which try and connect to the device.

You could group the channels together for each furnace in a graph, and ensure that you label them clearly, but if you wish to log the groups at separate times then you will need to either create different settings files to record at different times or log them at the same time.

I hope this helps.

alpurser

Post by alpurser »

Hitesh that answer does not help at all - your product information clearly specifies that you can run multiple instances of the picolg recorder (very different to attaching multiple devices!)

Can i suggest you either read your product manuals before answering or perhaps change them to reflect this alternate view
Regards
Alex

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

You can run multiple instances of PicoLog recorder software, one per device, as shown here http://www.picotech.com/support/kb/DataLoggers-kb188

You can run multiple devices in one instance of PicoLog, up to 20 TC08's for example, for large data acquisition systems.

You can't run two instances of our software connected to one single device, the driver is not designed to allow this. If you need to split data, as per the previous posters request from 2012, you would need to write custom software using the SDK.

Do you have a particular requirement in mind ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

alpurser

Post by alpurser »

Hi Martyn I'm trying to use the product to present multiple graphs each of which would have 2 calculated parameters displayed. The graph feature seems to be limited to either all signals on one graph or 1 graph per signal (no feature to tailor the presentation of graphs more specifically).. I can tweak it further by using different units for each set of signals but just haven't been able to get the required presentation from a single instance and don't want to go down the coding route unless I really have to.. Thanks for any assistance
Regards
Alex

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Have you tried grouping channels ?

From the monitor window in PLW Recorder, you access this dialog by selecting Monitor from the Settings menu. From the Graph, and Spreadsheet windows, click the measurement selection button.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

design360

Post by design360 »

So does this mean it's NOT possible to run multiple instances of PicoLog on one PC with each copy recording from a different logger?

Ian.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Ian,

It is possible to run more than one instance of PicoLog Recorder on a PC, with each logging from a different device.

You will need to create a separate settings file for each instance of PicoLog - please refer to section 11 in the PicoLog Self-Help Guide:

https://www.picotech.com/legacy-documen ... uide-1.pdf

Regards,