Convertor not found when using USB port replicator

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
Roger Morris

Convertor not found when using USB port replicator

Post by Roger Morris »

How do i configure my new laptop (which does not have a parrallel port) to connect to an ADC 212

Autonerdz
Advanced User
Advanced User

USB Setup

Post by Autonerdz »

Hi Roger,

First, you need the Pico USB/Parallel converter. It has to be the Pico one. Install the software and select USB-PP1. If you already installed, that's OK, just proceed to the next step.

Disable any virus programs so they don't interfere with the installation.

Plug in your parallel cable into your ADC 212 and put the converter on the other end of it. Then make sure the ADC is powered up and PicoScope is NOT running before plugging in the USB cable between the USB adapter and the PC port.

Windows should now find new hardware and find the drivers that installed with the PicoScope software. If you use XP, you will get a warning about unsigned drivers. Just ignore this and continue.

When it says your new hardware is ready to use, you can now open PicoScope. If you did not configure it for USB during the install you will get the not found error message. Just go to File/Setup/Converter and select USB-PP1. PicoScope will now want to close. When you open it again, it should be up and running. 8)
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
http://www.autonerdz.com
THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America

Andy

Post by Andy »

Why does it have to be a genuine pico usb convertor?

I Have a port replicator that supports full bi-directional parallel connectivity. I cannot get my ADC40 to work. Any ideas?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The adaptor has to be a Pico one for a couple of reasons. I believe there is the issue of pin configuration, but also it is to do with the way that the adaptor installs. It installs seperately as a Pico Parallel Port and the software will go looking specifically for our adaptor when you point to a USBPP port. I do not know much more to be able to explain in greater detail about the drivers, but it does need to be our adaptor.

Best Regards