AWG at low initial frequency

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Wagnieres

AWG at low initial frequency

Post by Wagnieres »

Hi,
Im trying to reproduce a wave form acquired with a sensor. I must have very low frequency. I have made a csv files with 1024 datas and with this i cannot have a signal with an initial frequency under 800mHz (at 700mHz and under the output = 0V). With a file with 8192 datas the minimal is 100mHz, under ouput = 0V. With a file 16384 datas minimal is 50mHz.

I have a Picoscope 5443B, PC with windows 7 64bits.
Can you give me a explanation, a soulution?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AWG at low initial frequency

Post by Martyn »

DDS (Direct Digital Synthesis) generators are digital by design, that means they have a minimum step as defined by the clock frequency and the number of bits in the DDS. The relationship of the DDS clock frequency divided by the number of bits in the phase accumulator gives us the frequency resolution of the generator.

Further information is available in http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/ps ... g.en-1.pdf on Page 80 2.1.9.50 ps5000aSetSigGenArbitrary
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Wagnieres

Post by Wagnieres »

Hi Martyn,
Thank you for answer.
It's a possibility to modifiy parameters in Picoscope6 for windows to better work with low frequency AWG signals or i must devlop a program where i can adjust this parameters (dwellCount? me be?) ?

In the user guide manual of Picoscope 6 the description is more simple! (psw6-fr-30.pdf page 141 chapter 7.7.3) No references to the ps5000aSetSigGenArbitrary description.

A friend use the Picoscope6 v6.9.14.16 and it's working!
A try to download this version but only the 6.6.57 is available. And after the installation of the 6.10.6 the installation of the 6.6.57 (uninstall 6.10.6 and install 6.6.57) the program is not able to detect the harware in the USB port.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I will provide a link to download that version of software through your email ticket.

is your friend using the same files and set up ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager