PicoScope6 with tablet PC

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
liceng

PicoScope6 with tablet PC

Post by liceng »

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has an experience with tablet PC (Windows XP to 8.1) for PicoScope6.
I have received an answer from a technical staff in PicoTechnology: "that yes, it works with Windows 8.1, but confirm with a real unit."
I am thinking of "Dell Venue 8 Pro 32GB Tablet HD WITH Windows 8.1" or similar product. Before purchasing a tablet PC, I want to confirm it.
Please advise me if anyone has the experience with any tablet PCs.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PicoScope6 with tablet PC

Post by Martyn »

One customer has used both Dell Venue 8 Pro 64 GB and Samsung Slate Tablets ( Windows 7 pro, Windows 8 ).

There are issues if you use the Dell with our Automotive software, this has drivers that work with one of our older parallel port devices and it confuses the O/S, but it should be fine with the standard T&M version.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Eva zhou

Re: PicoScope6 with tablet PC

Post by Eva zhou »

Hi All,

I have tried to run PicoScope 6 on a Lenovo ThinkPad 8 (20BN000WCD) Tablet with win 8.1 OS and it does work. See the attached picture. The only downside is that the tablet has a power shortage for PicoScope. so in the attachment, we use a double USB cable with the power port on the other PC . Of course you can use a adaptor instead.

Eva
Attachments
PicoScope 6 run on a Tablet PC
PicoScope 6 run on a Tablet PC