2203-No Device Found

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
ShrewsburyHigh

2203-No Device Found

Post by ShrewsburyHigh »

Hi All,
We have 2 oscilloscopes at our school an ADC-200 and a USB 2203. The 200 runs on Pico 5 software and the 2203 on Pico 6.
My problem is that the 2203 is not being recognised by Pico 6 (6.9.18 or 6.6.57). When I run the software it says "no device found".
I have run this fin on other PC/laptops, although not always first time. In fact, I find both oscilloscopes to be temperamental at times. Usually it the older ADC-200 with the serial connection.
The device manger sees the device as a 2000 series oscilloscope and I have removed the driver, reinstalled, cleared files out of the user data and tried earlier versions to no avail. Any help greatly appreciated. First post so be gentle.
I am running Win 7 32 bit on a Lenovo X240 laptop.
Thanks
Martin

Hitesh

Re: 2203-No Device Found

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the Forum :D

What is the colour of the USB cable that you are using with the PicoScope 2203?

If it is a desktop PC, are you using the rear USB ports?

Regards,

ShrewsburyHigh

Post by ShrewsburyHigh »

Hi Hitesh
Thanks for the reply. I have used this scope in a variety of devices but currently trying to get it to work I a laptop as mentioned. there are 2 USB sockets but I have tried both. The cable is white but as far as I can see it is a standard printer cable. It does work fine on another laptop running the same 32 bit OS. We have an ADC-200 which works fine on the laptop in question.

Regards

Martin

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the clarification.

Does the device disappear from the Device Manager when PicoScope 6 attempts to connect? If so, the USB cable may not be providing sufficient power to the device.

I will look to action a resolution following your contact via phone call.

Regards,

Hitesh