Raster or Parade patterns?

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Randall

Raster or Parade patterns?

Post by Randall »

Good day to you all. I'm new to this board and am intersted in an automotive diagnostic analyzer to replace my Sun MCA 3000. In reviewing your web site and downloads, I still have a question. Is your machine capable of 4, 6, or 8 cylinder raster or parade patterns in regards to the primary and or secondary ignition systems. This is a critical point in deciding which analyzer to aquire. I also would like to know if your software will work with Microsoft XP Pro with SP2. thanks for any info...Randy

Autonerdz
Advanced User
Advanced User

Engine Analyzer Features

Post by Autonerdz »

Hi Randall,

I an the US automotive Picotologist :-) There are no engine analyzer features like raster and superimposed views. You can, of course do a parade on a distributor system.

Pico will provide more detail and resolution that you probably have ever seen before. For example, you can capture the power and waste firings for a DIS coil and then zoom in and measure the time difference between the waste and power light off in millionths of a second.

If you really want the engine analyzer features, you will have to get something else. However, all the cool features don't mean much if your scope doesn't have the sample rate performance. I suggest that you narrow your field first by comparing the raw performance and then choose features from those left on the list.

To help you do that objectively, using the math and not the manufacturers hype, I have provided a sample rate calculator available here:

http://www.autonerdz.com/java/SampleRateCalculator.html

And yes, PicoScope software runs great on XP Pro SP2.

The Pico support system is also great. Here at Autonerdz, we also have our own comprehensive support system, which has been described as the best in the industry by users.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
http://www.autonerdz.com
THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America