Missing SDK for flexible resolution 5000 series

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
akilanakil

Missing SDK for flexible resolution 5000 series

Post by akilanakil »

Hi,
I was looking for SDK of the Flexible resolution scopes of 5000 series here http://www.picotech.com/drivers.html. Only SDK for 5242 was provided there which was same as the one for the older 5000 devices. Also in the downloaded SDK zip, in datasheet file ps5000.en.pdf there was no details/mention of the newer FlexRes devices. Does this SDK support all the newer FlexRes 5000 series devices?

If so how can I configure the vertical resolution using the SDK?

Thanks,
Akilan

Hitesh

Re: Missing SDK for flexible resolution 5000 series

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Akilan,

The incorrect SDK has been mapped against the new PicoScope 5000 series on the website which should be corrected soon.

Please e-mail support@picotech.com with details of the programming language you are using and we can hopefully send out an example with the required dll files.

The Programmer's Guide is available on our website:

http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/ps ... g.en-1.pdf

Best wishes,

SteveHageman

Re: Missing SDK for flexible resolution 5000 series

Post by SteveHageman »

Hello All - Thanks for the updated C# BlockCapture Example. I can get it to run with my PS5244B.

There is one problem however. When I call the open unit function line,

Code: Select all

short status = Imports.OpenUnit(out handle, null, resolution);
I get a return status of: 0x11a when I try to run the Scope on USB power only and the example will not run (0x11a means PICO_POWER_SUPPLY_NOT_CONNECTED, according to the programmers guide).

I found that I have to run the scope on an external supply to get a status code of 0x0 and then the example code runs.

PicoScope 6 will run the scope just fine on USB only power. Is there a way that I can get the BlockCapture example to run with USB only power?

Thanks,

Steve Hageman