Save problems with PicoScope!

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
subkron

Save problems with PicoScope!

Post by subkron »

I have a Picoscope tied into a 3206MSO using both channels. It was set to trigger on Chan B and during repeat trigger operation both traces were (correctly) displayed on PIcoscope. I then saved the data (as psdata) but when I bought back the saved file Chan A only displayed a very small portion of the the complete trace, yet Channel B correctly displayed the complete trace across the screen. I then saved the data as both .txt & .csv and the the files only saved 8 data points for both channel A and Channel B!

Version was 6.6.8.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Save problems with PicoScope!

Post by Martyn »

Can you post the psdata file that shows this
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

subkron

Post by subkron »

I'm still having a problem with the saved file. I have the scope atatched to a laptop and save the file as a psdata. The scope display looks fine, but when I view the psdata file on another machine running picoscope what I see is the trigger marker at the correct point but the channel trace does not relfect the the correct amplitude.

File attached....
Attachments
20140912-0001aisle10.psdata
(21.16 KiB) Downloaded 440 times

subkron

Post by subkron »

OK, I think I see what is happening.

If I open PicoScope 6 without a device connected (just the application) and then open up a *.psdata file created from when I had a physical scope connected, the displayed waveform is "corrupted". If I physically connect a device to PicoScope (even if it is a Datalogger), the same *.psdata file now displays the waveform correctly.

Is this to be expected?

I would think/hope that the PicoScope application would be smart enough to bring in and correctly display a saved file whether or not a device is connected.
Attachments
scope_file_comparison.pdf
same file, 2 different presentations
(406.08 KiB) Downloaded 337 times

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi subkron,

Could you please confirm the version of PicoScope 6 that you are now using?

Loading your data file into PicoScope 6.9.16, I can see that you have resolution enhancement enabled. If this is switched off (i.e. set back to 8-bits) the waveform appears again as per your pdf file.

Given that you have only 1000 samples collected in the waveform, and with resolution enhancement using a moving average filter, it is likely that the waveform is being averaged out.

You could try collecting more samples or another option would be to set the sin(x) interpolation on via the Sampling tab and reduce the sample threshold at which it activates via the Preferences dialog (accessible via the Tools -> Preferences menu).

Regards,