Serial Decoding - CAN High

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Lukasz Matuszak

Serial Decoding - CAN High

Post by Lukasz Matuszak »

Hi guys, is there any way I can see each data byte separate on the graph? What I mean is that I am interested in seeing data byte "1F" on the graph. Can PicoScope6 calculate or show me with rulers that specific data byte I'm looking for on the graph? Please see I attached photo with it. Thanks, Lukasz.
Attachments
CAN-High.psdata
(238.65 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
PicoScope 6_CAN_High.jpg

Hitesh

Re: Serial Decoding - CAN High

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Lukasz,

It should be possible to decode data between rulers but unfortunately a bug has been discovered in relation to this feature.

I have added your data file to the existing bug report for our Development Team to investigate.

An update can be provided here if you wish.

Regards,

Lukasz Matuszak

Hello Hitesh,

That will be great if any news will be updated into this post :)

Also I was working on that graph since I post a topic. What I have found out is, that you can calculate yourself the CAN frame format, which is on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus) "Base Frame Format" Heading, half way threw the page. So I started calculate/measuring and everything seems to be right till I hit my Data Bytes.

Example: DB1: -From the Data Bytes clearly you can see DB1 is 0 where on the graph by my calculation is 1.

I just want to share what I have found out that could help ye guys maybe. Thanks for answer Hitesh.

Regards,
Lukasz
Last edited by Lukasz Matuszak on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Lukasz,

Thank you for the image of the manual decode.

I have added this information to the bug report.

I can provide an update in this thread once this has been investigated.

Regards,

Mark_O
Advanced

Post by Mark_O »

Lucasz wrote:
So I started calculate/measuring and everything seems to be right till I hit my Data Bytes.
Example: DB1: -From the Data Bytes clearly you can see DB1 is 0 where on the graph by my calculation is 1.
Did you take into account bit-stuffing? I see lots of contiguous 0's in your data stream.

Lukasz Matuszak

Mark_O wrote:Lucasz wrote:
So I started calculate/measuring and everything seems to be right till I hit my Data Bytes.
Did you take into account bit-stuffing? I see lots of contiguous 0's in your data stream.
Hi Mark_O

Your right there is bit stuffing. "In CAN frames, a bit of opposite polarity is inserted after five consecutive bits of the same polarity". I was doing this so fast that after posting my reply I was reading it again and I have to say I made mistake. Please see I attached photo in which I can tell where "1F" Data is.
Attachments
Data Byte 1F.jpg