PT104 Ethernet on Power Up

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
DKenney

PT104 Ethernet on Power Up

Post by DKenney »

Hi,

I have been using a PT104 in Ethernet mode.

To enter Ethernet mode (once configured and connected) I must first power the unit via USB then quickly remove and reinsert the USB power to wake/enable the Ethernet. If this process is performed slowly then the unit simply powers down. Done quickly the Ethernet LEDs come on and Ethernet communication is possible.

I wish to uses this device remotely and will have power control via an ethernet power distribution unit (pdu) to cycle the power to the PT104 if required. My problem is that the PDU cannot perform the power cycle sequence required to enable Ethernet mode.

Can the PT104 be configured to default to ethernet mode on power-up. Enabling Ethernet Setting using the Ethernet Settings application does not achieve this.

Thanks
David

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PT104 Ethernet on Power Up

Post by Martyn »

Once you have setup an Ethernet address for the unit using the USB port it should then be possible to connect to the device without the USB being connected, provided you are using a Power over Ethernet switch.

If this is not working then please contact support@picotech.com as there may be something wrong with your unit.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

sarakhan

Re: PT104 Ethernet on Power Up

Post by sarakhan »

The buffer will be padded with QNaN floating integers as detailed in the usb_tc08_get_temp function description
sara