Mixed up channels

Forum for discussing PicoLog
tech2

Mixed up channels

Post by tech2 »

Hello fellow PicoLoggers,
- PicoLogger 1012
- PicoLog software version 5.22.7
- Windows 7 64-bit on a laptop with 2GB RAM and an AMD E-350 (low-end)

I noticed an old post http://www.picotech.com/support/post270 ... els#p27017 relating to my problem, but it wasn't exactly the same issue as I am not writing any code to capture data. I'm using PicoLog version 5.22.7 and my channels get mixed up sometimes. I have approximately 10,000 recordings, but I looked at a particular set of them that I was concerned with. This set of 20 recordings contains only 5 recordings (.plw files) that have the data mapped to the proper channel. All the other recordings have channels mixed up, but they are sometimes mixed up in the same way and other times not. In total, the data is organized in 8 different ways among these 20 recordings...and only 1/4 of the time will it be the correct way. I have written in a messy workaround in my post-processing code, but I would rather not have to deal with this if/when we recommission our PicoLogger 1012 for another application this Fall.

I tried updating the software to version 5.23.0, but it always crashed after recording one or two .plw files. I noticed another post (http://www.picotech.com/support/topic13815.html) that may be related, but I have yet to explore this option. I would first like some input from the community and perhaps PicoTech. I have examples of mixed up data and okay data. These examples use the same configuration and were recorded back to back without any human intervention.

Has anyone experienced this problem? And can someone from PicoTech let me know if this will possibly be resolved by updating the software? I am a little hesitant to miss data again while my system is offline due to repeated crashing.

Thank you!
-Rick

Hitesh

Re: Mixed up channels

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Rick,

There was an issue identified with the driver relating to data appearing in the wrong place when data is retrieved which was fixed. This would impact Users writing their own software or using PicoLog Recorder. The driver included as part of the PicoLog 5.23.0 installation should contain this fix.

Regarding the crashes that occur with PicoLog 5.23.0, what are your settings? Please could you post a PicoLog settings file (*.pls) here or e-mail it to support@picotech.com so that we can see if the issue is repeatable here.

Many thanks,

tech2

Post by tech2 »

In case anyone is looking at this thread now or in the future, there was a bug uncovered in the PicoLog 5.23.0 software which was resolved by PicoTech sending me a new .dll file. I contacted them via email to resolve this. I have yet to test this new .dll and verify that the channels are no longer misaligned, but I will post later today (I'm in the Eastern Standard Time Zone) when the system which I am monitoring is online.

Update: All squared away. Thanks, PicoTech!

Martin Lintzgy

Post by Martin Lintzgy »

Anyone finding their way here from googling mixed up channels or channels swapping around randomly, please go here.
topic41287.html