Post any questions about our serial port products
EL
User
User

ADC 16 Alarm Alert

Post by EL »

Hello all!

I use a ADC 16.
Anyone who know if there is a way to see if the alarm has been set off after it actually sets off?
As far as I can see there's only a red light and a sound that goes off when the alarm sets off. I want to be able to do that 3 days later without going through a bunch of data.

Thanks in advance. :roll:

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately there is no way in Picolog of knowing when the alarm sounded, other than to look at the values in the spreadsheet.

You could get round this either by writing your own software which recorded when the alarm sounded, or, by pasting the results into Excel and using a formula to show which were outside of the limits.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

EL
User
User

Adc 16 Alarm

Post by EL »

Ok! Thanks for the reply!

Even not if I buy another logger? Read a bit about the EL005!?

Thanks!!

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

The EL005 used with the Enviromon software does enable you tosee when an alarm went off.

The main consideration with the Enviromon system is sample rate as it will only record one sample per minute. Would this be enough for you?

Hope this helps

Best Regards

EL
User
User

ADC 16 Alarm

Post by EL »

Hello!

Say I have a motor which runs 5 seconds and stands still 15. I want to be able to see if that motor sometimes has been running for 7 seconds (an alarm that tells me, so that I can check the logs).

And I also haveto measure atleast 4 other electrical components at the same time!

Any sollutions would be gladly apretiated! Thanks! :wink:

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

It is not immediately possible to do this using our software. However you could write your own to achieve this. We supply drivers and basic examples for free download at:

http://www.picotech.com/software.html

Hope this helps

Best Regards