ADC11 LabVIEW7.1 VI to measure Freq

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
BentRods
Active User
Active User

Post by BentRods »

Hi
I would like to measure Frequency 0-70HZ using the ADC11 does any one have any suggestions on getting started here or an example VI to get me rolling, I am slowly working my way through this.

I have the example thats included with the ADC11 Drivers working is it possible to build onto the existing VI to measure Freq

Regards
Thomas

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you fo ryour post.

It should be possible to build on the example VI that is provided for use with the ADC-11.

When measuring frequency with the ADC-11, you need to remember that the unit will onlty accept a positive voltage input. Therefore if the signal has a negative component then you may need to offset the signal to get it all into the range of of the ADC-11.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

BentRods
Active User
Active User

Post by BentRods »

Hi Sarah
Thanks for the reply, you wouldn't happen to have a working example to get me started or suggest what VI to use for measuring Frequency ??

Also if I choose to add more Channels what is the best way to do it ?
I did the copy and paste thing for the existing example VI and just changed the Channel's, I had 4 Channels running but it seemed very sluggish after reading some more I found that I could add more Parameters to the existing "Call Library Function Node" the short story is that it did not work LV Crashed... what is the correct way here ?

I have searched NI for examples and found a several, but they vary from not so complex to very complex, and some of the functions and Block's etc could be (maybe) removed to simplify them back to basics and still work but that I am not to sure about, this is all Discovery Channel stuff for me at the moment... Yes Help is Needed, btw My input Signal is 0-5V Square wave ... there will be no AC stuff yet !!

would you mind deleting my previous post ..logged in would help ... DOH !

Regards
Thomas

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The only example VIs that we have are already available on the downloads page of our webpage. Unfortunately we do not have any more to offer, you may find someone else on the forum can help.

With regards the "Call Library Function Node", I will need to ask a colleague about this and get back to you.

As you are using a 0-5V signal you will need to attenuate this by 2 as the ADC-11 has an input voltage range of 0-2.5V. This can be done with a potential divider.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

BentRods
Active User
Active User

Post by BentRods »

Hi Sarah
thanks for the reply, i shall wait for your reply regarding
the "Call Library Function Node"

regards
Thomas

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

I have consulted with a colleague about the function in Labview and we are unfortunately not in a posistion to be able to offer any further assistance with it. There may be people on here who can help you out with it, or alternatively there may be further information on the internet or in Labview programming books.

Best Regards