math channels

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
picoalex

math channels

Post by picoalex »

Hi,
I have troubles when I have to insert a formula in a math channel section. A simple formula (A-0.1) return ERROR and freeze the process. All decimal costant return an error. I need to solve this problem 'cause I need to insert a Pressure Sensor characteristic.

What can I do?

Thanks
Attachments
PicoPrintScreen.JPG

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: math channels

Post by bennog »

Have you tried using a , in stead of a .

Otherwise setting the language to English and using a . works.
After saving the math formula you can set the language back to your own language.

Regards,
Benno

joejoe

Post by joejoe »

I have the same problem with a german notebook. I checked it with a . an a , . I changed the picosoftware to Englisch without a result.

regards

joejoe

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bennog »

Ok my fault, I thought this problem was solved about 1 year ago but it still exists.

You can solve this in Windows by changing the local number settings to . for decimal separator and , for thousand separator.
Number Settings Windows.png
I have marked the button and fields in Yellow you need to click and change (sorry it is dutch Win 7)

After you created the math formulas and saved them you can change it back to its original in Windows and still use the created formulas.

I checked both the beta and release version of Picoscope but they sit

Regards,
Benno

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi All,

The Development Team are aware of this and I have added comments from this thread to the bug report.

For now, please use the method of changing the local number settings as described by bennog and save the maths channels. If you attempt to edit the saved files using the Maths Channel wizard with the number settings set to your normal settings, the error will occur.

Many thanks,